How to setup wifi hotspot in windows xp solved
How to setup wifi hotspot in windows xp solved
This is a much asked question for the windows xp users on how to configure wifi hotspot on their operating system. Its very easy to configure the same on windows 7 or even software’s are available for the windows 7 OS to automatically configure the wifi hotspot.
Here we are manually going to configure the hotspot on windows xp
Wifi should be enabled and working properly with the latest driver installed.
How to proceed now? Steps to follow.
1)Switch on your WIFI connection.
2)Goto MY NETWORK place and click VIEW NETWORK CONNECTIONS
3)Inside you will find an icon with some name like WIRELESS NETWORK CONNECTION or SIMILAR
4)Right click on that and select PROPERTIES
5)Go to WIRELESS NETWORK tab
6)Click on ADD under PREFERRED NETWORKS
7)Now a new window will open, and it will ask you to provide the network name or SSID.
Here you can give any name as network name. Some name that will make sense
8)Then CHECK the box that says CONNECT EVEN IF THIS N/W IS NOT BROADCASTING
9)Select AUTHENTICATION as SHARED
10)DATA ENCRYPTION as WEP
11)Now give the N/W KEY ie your password for your WIFI HOTSPOT
[Make sure you uncheck the box that is just below this option that says KEY IS PROVIDED TO ME AUTOMATICALLY, if that is done then only you will be able to provide your own password.
12)ALOHA thats all CLICK OK to save the settings.
13)Now you can see your new n/w under PREFERRED N/W’s under WIRELESS NETWORKS tab.
14)Now click on your network [hightlight it] and click the button that says ADVANCED. You can see a window will open with some options select the option that says COMPUTER TO COMPUTER ADHOC N/W ONLY. Then click close button.
Thats it you are almost there.
Once these steps are done you need to do one more setting under your LOCAL AREA NETWORK.
1)Right click on your LOCAL AREA NETWORK connection icon.
2)Select properties and go to ADVANCED tab.
3)CHECK on the box that says ALLOW OTHER USERS TO CONNECT THROUGH THIS COMPUTER’s INTERNET
MAKE SURE YOU DONOT CHECK THE OTHER OPTION BOX THAT SAYS ALLOW USERS TO CONTROL OR DISABLE YOUR INTERNET
Thats all. Click on OK and you are done. Your WIFI HOTSPOT is ready on WINDOWS XP.
Now right click on your wireless network connection icon and select VIEW AVAILABLE WIRELESS NETWORK. You will be able to see something like this
Click on the CONNECT button and wait for sometime for your laptop or computer to connect to it.
THATS IT PAL YOU ARE DONE NOW YOUR LAPTOP/COMPUTER/DESKTOP IS A WIFI HOTSPOT ENJOY!!!!
Use some other laptops or devices that connect to WAN n/w and try to access this new n/w we have created.Happy browsing.
Regards Mistonline.in Team.
Incoming search terms:
- windows xp hotspot (38)
- wifi hotspot windows xp (34)
- how to setup wifi hotspot on windows xp (31)
- windows xp wifi hotspot setup (28)
- windows xp wifi hotspot (26)
- how to setup a wifi hotspot on windows xp (24)
- how to configure wifi hotspot in windows xp (18)
- setup wifi hotspot windows xp (17)
- how to setup a hotspot on windows xp (17)
- wifi hotspot for windows xp (17)
- xp hotspot (16)
- how to setup wifi hotspot in windows xp (16)
- how to set up hotspot on windows xp (16)
- hotspot windows xp (16)
- set up hotspot on windows xp (16)
- windows xp hotspot setup (15)
- xp wifi hotspot (13)
- wifi hotspot creator for windows xp (10)
- how to set up wifi hotspot on windows xp (9)
- wifi hotspot for XP (8)
- windows xp setup wifi hotspot (7)
- setup windows xp as wifi hotspot (6)
- hotspot wifi windows xp (6)
- yhs-mystartdefault (5)
- hotspot for windows xp (4)
- how to setup windows xp as wifi hotspot (4)
- hotspot on windows xp (4)
- create hot spot windows xp (3)
- setup wifi hotspot in windows xp (3)
- wifi hotspot win xp (3)
- wifi hotspot phpmyadmin on windows xp (3)
- set windows xp as wifi hotspot (2)
- wifi hotspot creator xp error (2)
- how create wifi hotspot windows xp (2)
- how to setup hotspot on windows xp (2)
- setup wifi hot spot in windows xp (2)
- wifi hotspot xp (2)
- Wi-Fi Hotspot for Windows XP (2)
- hot spot windows xp (2)
- window xp wireless hotspot (2)
You will also be interested in ,
- How to get your deleted files back using google desktop?
- Windows 7 Administrator Password Expired And Unable To Login
- Windows XP tips for Removing the "Folder Options" menu
- Batch script to check an entry exist or not and update the file
- Windows Tips and Tricks
- It is not possible to disable the connection at this time windows xp solved
- Windows XP shortcuts for interner explorer, excel and powepoint
- Remove orphan or invalid entries from Add or Remove programs in windows
- Windows Vista Home Desktop Blank Resolved