Hi guys here is a simple tip to fix a usual issue that arises on our localhost test servers when .htaccess is added.Its very simple just do the steps that i specify below.
- Check your apache httpd.config file first
- Open the httpd.conf, dont forget to take a backup of this file before editing it.
- Find this entry i specified in the next step
- module rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so
- It will be commented using #
- Take away that # symbol and it will look like
- LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so
- Then find <Directory “C:/xampp1/htdocs”> entry in the httpd.conf file, Make sure that the path in quotes is your web server root path, the above shown path is my root path and it may vary accordingly.You will find this entry just below this line
# This should be changed to whatever you set DocumentRoot to.
- Add this line also AllowOverride All before the closing tag </Directory>
- Some times this will be added by default and no need to add it once again.Make a note of this point also.
Thats it you are done.Restart your Apache webserver and try the URL and it will load fine.